Front End Designer-Developer
Job Code: DSN2017
|Starting Salary:||£20,000 - 30,000 (plus benefits)|
|Hours:||Full Time (37.5 hours per week)|
|Closing Date:||Wednesday, 6 December, 2017 - 4pm|
- A user champion with experience in human-centred design?
- Naturally curious and keen to try out new technologies or ideas?
- Able to embrace progressive enhancement and take an iterative approach to your designs?
- Make complicated data look beautiful and easy-to-understand?
- Design interactive apps that are intuitive to use?
- Write standards-compliant HTML and CSS that works in a wide range of browsers?
- Adapt quickly when new projects come in or work priorities change?
We expect to see examples of work / a portfolio for all design candidates, and evidence of experience in all essential technologies listed.
- Solid HTML / HTML5
- CSS and Sass (or similar pre-processors)
- Responsive design experience
- Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, XD) or similar
- Experience improving UI/UX
- Collaborative team-working
- Working on multiple projects at once
- Version Control (e.g. Team Foundation Server, Git)
- HTML email development
- Grunt/Gulp workflows
- Static site generators (Jekyll, or similar)
- Agile working practices
Please note: We require all employees to undergo regular Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks, because we work with schools and sensitive data.
Benefits & Culture
- Flexible working: Core office hours are 10am-4.30pm
- Your birthday off: In addition to Annual Leave allowance
- 8 Innovation Days per year: Time to work on whatever you like
- Ongoing training & qualifications: Learning is at the core of who we are
- Healthy Snacks: Fruit delivery (and sometimes less healthy treats!)
- 3 Charity Days per year: Practical volunteering or fundraising
- Creative Office Space: You know we have a ball pool, right?
- Surprise Treat-Days: Park fun days, meals out, workshops… who knows what's next?
- Private Medical Insurance: Because we want to know you're looked after
- Generous Pension: Angel contributes above the minimum
What we do at Angel Solutions…
The role of Angel's Design Team is to make our products (and the marketing around those products) as effective, intuitive and beautiful as possible.
How to apply
Please note: We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies or similar!