Automation Software Tester
Job Code: TEST1220
|Starting Salary:||Salary dependent on experience (plus benefits)|
|Hours:||Full Time (37.5 hours per week)|
|Closing Date:||Sunday, 31 January, 2021 - 4pm|
- Passionate about testing and quality?
- Excited to find tests that can be automated?
- Eager to learn and hard-working?
- A good team player?
About the role:
As an automation tester, you will be involved in discovering, building and running automated processes to test our web applications for the education sector. Our customers rely on our software to improve their schools, assess children’s education and to track and analyse exams over national data-sets. Our software must be accurate, available and performant and you will be a key role in making this happen.
You’ll be exposed to many technologies with the ability to gain experience in them, such as using API testing tools, C# and other programming languages.
It’s essential you have knowledge and experience of the following:
- Manual testing of web applications (1+ years)
- Writing test plans and prioritising tests
- Using testing API tools such as cURL, Swagger, Postman or Fiddler
- Writing automated tests in Postman
- Can write, debug and fix automated test scripts. Preferably using Selenium
- Knowledge of C#
- Experience using JMeter
- Use of any test case management software such as TestRail or XRay
Benefits & Culture
- Flexible working
- Your birthday off: In addition to Annual Leave allowance
- Innovation Days: Time to get away from "normal" and work differently
- Ongoing training & qualifications: Learning is at the core of who we are
- Healthy Snacks: Fruit delivery (and sometimes less healthy treats!)
- Charity Days: Practical volunteering or fundraising
- Creative Office Space: You know we have a ball pool, right?
- Surprise Treat-Days: Park fun days, meals out, workshops… who knows what's next?
- Parental Leave: Maternity, paternity and adoption leave from day one
- Dependents Leave Allowance: Time off if your child / family member is poorly
- Private Medical Insurance: Because we want to know you're looked after
- Pension: After 3 months at Angel, you'll be auto-enrolled in our company pension scheme
- Discounted Parking: Only 10 minutes walk away
- Christmas Shutdown: In addition to annual leave allowance. We love Christmas and it's a great time to rest and recharge those batteries!
What We Do at Angel Solutions…
Angel Solutions creates pioneering web-based software that serves the education industry (teachers, leaders, school improvement officers, education data analysts and more). Most of our products are designed to save people time and deliver powerful data analysis, but that's not all we're about! We also strive to be creative and innovative in everything we do, and want to remain a friendly, close-knit team even as the company continues to grow.
How to apply
Please complete an online application now Please complete an online application now at angelsolutions.co.uk/jobs. You'll need to give a few quick details, upload your CV and briefly explain why you think you're suitable for the role. We'll contact suitable applicants shortly after the closing date.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies or similar!
Please note: We require all employees to undergo regular Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks, because we work with schools and sensitive data.