Software Tester *DEADLINE EXTENDED*
Job Code: TEST0321
|Starting Salary:||£20,000 - £25,000 (plus benefits)|
|Hours:||Full Time (37.5 hours per week)|
We are looking for a self-motivated individual, passionate about software and quality. You will be working within our test team and alongside our technical team that cover the flow of work from design through to development and deployment.
We are looking for someone with at least one year of experience in web testing, but with a technical leaning – i.e. the ability to run scripts in SQL, Postman, Selenium, etc. You will need to create and run multiple test cases, and track and maintain defects. We will want you to look at all aspects of testing our software through functional, regression, performance, load, and cross browser testing. Think of novel ways to push our software to breaking point!
Knowledge & experience in:
- Testing web applications.
- JIRA (beneficial).
- UK education sector (beneficial).
- Testing tools and technologies – e.g. Selenium, running SQL scripts, familiarity with Gherkin/Cucumber, Postman, etc. (desired)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to convey technical information to non-technical people.
- Attention to Detail: Methodical yet creative approach to testing tasks. Systematic coverage of software and novel thinking which pushes software to breaking point.
- Teamwork: Takes ownership for own performance and takes feedback positively to develop and deliver the required performance. Listens and shares their experience, knowledge and ideas to help develop self and team members.
- Communication: Articulate scenarios which cause software defects both verbally and written. Help drive communication between teams. Contribute at team meetings positively.
- Personal Organisation: Has strong, methodical, task and time management skills and the ability to remain calm and positive through difficult situations.
- Innovation & Continuous Improvement: Seeks to improve process. Is self-aware and takes ownership for personal development. Supports team members in the implementation of change.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Methodical manual testing ability
- Ability to understand complex product requirements
- Understanding of web testing such as security, performance & cross-browser
- Ability to create test cases
- Excellent English reading & writing (including grammar, spelling and sentence structure)
- Ability to clearly articulate scenarios which cause software defects (verbally and written)
- Confident approach in discussing tests and potential errors with other departments
- Ability to work on multiple projects and adapt priorities accordingly
Benefits & Culture
- Hybrid Working: We will support you to work wherever you work best, at home, in the office, or both
- Your Birthday Off: In addition to Annual Leave allowance
- Innovation Days: Time to get away from "normal" and work differently
- Ongoing Training & Qualifications: Learning is at the core of who we are
- Creative Office Space: We have a ball pool, swings, popcorn machine, a gypsy caravan...
- Surprise Treat-Days: Park fun days, meals out, workshops… who knows what's next?
- Parental Leave: Maternity, paternity and adoption leave from day one
- Dependents Leave Allowance: Time off if your child / family member is poorly
- Private Medical Insurance: Because we want to know you're looked after
- Christmas Shutdown: In addition to annual leave allowance. We love Christmas and it's a great time to rest and recharge those batteries!
What We Do at Angel Solutions…
Angel Solutions creates pioneering web-based software that serves the education industry (teachers, leaders, school improvement officers, education data analysts and more). Most of our products are designed to save people time and deliver powerful data analysis, but that's not all we're about! We also strive to be creative and innovative in everything we do, and want to remain a friendly, close-knit team even as the company continues to grow.
The role of Angel's Testing team is to find bugs quickly, to push our products to breaking point and smooth out any potential usability problems that may have crept in over time.
How to apply
Please complete an online application now Please complete an online application now at angelsolutions.co.uk/jobs. You'll need to give a few quick details, upload your CV and briefly explain why you think you're suitable for the role. We'll contact suitable applicants shortly after the closing date.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies or similar!
Please note: We require all employees to undergo regular Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks, because we work with schools and sensitive data.