Perspective new features for October!
We’re pleased to announce the following areas have had exciting new features added to our products on Friday October 17th, 2014:
- 5 Minute Lesson Plan
- Self Evaluation
- Performance Management
- Perspective Observatory
More information on each of these areas is detailed below, complete with screenshots.
5 Minute Lesson Plan
We’ve made some improvements to this great lesson planning tool, which is based on the original 5 Minute Lesson Plan by Ross McGill from The Teacher Toolkit:
- The personal dashboard now includes a new 5 Min Lesson Plan tab to manage your lesson plans.
- We’ve added a description field to help you organise your lesson plans (for your own reference; these won’t appear in the final pdf).
- A new image click navigation underneath the tool makes it easy for you to jump to specific sections of your plans quickly.
- Other enhancements include an improved search function.
Perspective has always kept you aligned with any changes to the Ofsted framework and this year is no exception! We have also added these features to help you tailor more bespoke self evaluation reports:
- New guidance and bite-size-questions specific to Early Years and 6th Form providers.
- Ability to show/hide sections which may or may not apply to your setting (eg EYFS & 6th Form)
- This will also show/hide these sections in your SEF/Reports.
- You can now batch download all finalised Performance Reviews in a single ZIP file
- Moderators can now see CPD needs for all staff
- Additional report options including the ability to show/hide descriptors.
On top of all this we have also updated the following:
- Perspective for Early Years now includes our innovative Watchsted module allowing you to see inspection data for Early Years settings and Ofsted Inspector Profiles!
- Watchsted now shows the latest 100 inspections on a map (increased from 50)
- Additional filters across Perspective for ease of filtering and viewing
- Holiday countdown on the dashboard now uses your local authority term dates, including half terms
- Enhanced news page with quick and easy access to older news items
If you’re an educational organisation managing multiple establishments, we hope you’ll be as thrilled as we are at the latest features we’ve built in to Perspective Observatory.
- We have added Inspector Profiles to Observatory, allowing you to easily view all reports and findings from specific Ofsted Inspectors before their visits. If you are supporting schools, academies or children’s centres and want to see how you can assist in the build up to an Ofsted inspection, this handy tool will help!
- You can now categorize, tag and group your establishments using your own terminology, replacing all those separate spreadsheets and giving you real-time analysis of your establishments in a handy dashboard.
- Additional and enhanced exports providing you with vital management information for your establishments.
If you are interested in a demonstration of how Perspective Observatory is already benefitting organisations up and down the country, or want to explore any of the available modules including our census data collection, file collection, Watchsted intelligence, news management, maps and dashboards then email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange this for you.
We hope you enjoy all of these new features and want to thank all of our users for continuing to submit feedback on your experiences. Thanks to your comments, we are already busy working on our next release with even more great enhancements!
If you are not yet using Perspective or Perspective Observatory and would like to see how you could benefit – like the hundreds of schools and children’s centres already using these products – please email email@example.com and we’ll happily set up a demonstration for you.
If you have any questions please call 0845 833 7830